Sorbent Print Ad
Art Direction, Copywriting & Design
This is a double page magazine advertisement I created in response to a brief.
• Sorbent Silky White Long Roll toilet paper.
WHO ARE WE TALKING TO?
• Adults who like soft toilet paper.
WHAT ARE WE SAYING?
• This is the softest and most durable toilet paper on the market.
• The product and the tagline ‘Always soft, always strong’.
WHAT IS REQUIRED?
• One (double page) magazine ad concept using a visual metaphor
In creating this Advertisement I thought intensely about how to visually translate the 3 key characteristics of the Sorbent brand of toilet paper 'soft, strong and long'. I communicate metaphorically that not only is the toilet paper long but that it’s soft enough and strong enough that it could even be made into a comfortable bathrobe. Targeting adults who like soft toilet paper, I wanted to both appeal to both men and women. I did this by placing a beautiful woman as the subject in a luxurious bathroom. This creates the idea of luxury, beauty and comfort being associated with the product.